Long and busy busy week. Not terribly productive.
A quick recap
Just one painting this week, for instagram group, but I rather liked it. I don’t do still life paintings often enough, but every single one is a joy:
2) Make Art That Sells (my MATS adventures can be seen on instagram under the tag #greenrainartmats): The big assignment this month is to draw hairstyles from Ellis Island era for home decor items. I must say it’s the hardest assignment yet. Even when I struggled with, for example, abstract motifs for the first one, it didn’t have to be so close to my soul, since I am an immigrant myself. In fact I just marked 15 years in US and seeing people that had it so much harder than me, reading their stories, wow, that was an experience. I tried my best to remain respectful with my work, and although I like the overall result, I hope I can find time and maybe make it more general, rather than Ellis Island-specific, these faces on cups seem frivolous somehow…
I received another journal with my art from my Society6 shop, it was done for MATS classes (it didn’t make the cut for the first bootcamp assignment, but I like it a lot)
I added two new listings to my Etsy shop, my roses card and whimsical ladybug
3) For #greenrainartfromlife I drew a couple of bags I used to wear a lot in my pre-children life
4) #greenrainartembroidery still suffered, but I managed to make a small progress
5) #100daysofgreenrainart situation hasn’t improved, woe. Only 1 collage this week, which is unfortunate, because I love the color pink…But I must admit, I don’t enjoy single color prompts as much as I love palettes.
6) I managed to complete illustrated journal entries though (See all on instagram under #greenrainartij )
It was not a great week in terms of productivity, but tons of meaningful events outside of my work . I am behind on a few items from my art to-do list, hopefully will soon catch up.