Long post this time.
June is a very busy month for me with multiple commitments outside of home. I am anxious to see what effect it shall have on my productivity. So far a few things got axed already.
I made three pastel paintings – one as always for an instagram project
and one as an impromptu plein air exercise.
The color green is abundant, it is summer after all. One more was drawn at home from multiple references.
2) Make Art That Sells (my MATS adventures can be seen on instagram under the tag #greenrainartmats): We received a new mini assignment and I jumped into action immediately, drawing some Ellis Island motifs in watercolor. Very excited to see what the big assignment shall bring.
I also received new products with my art from my Society6 shop. I got journals, chose blank paper inside. They are quite nice, the printing looks great and the cover soft but sturdy enough, we’ll see how they do with wear and tear as we use them:
I also received a tote bag. It is cute and seems of a decent quality, I can fit my large iPad Pro in it and people do compliment it a lot whenever I am out.
I made an attempt at another seamless pattern. I used cutting method for this one and colored it in the Procreate app, drew coordinates in a hurry, so will re-do those later
I also tried making a pattern with Adobe Illustrator and although I think it’s a success overall, my art isn’t vector and I still need to learn how to work with it properly. This one comes from my MATS A assignment, one of the coordinates for the final piece.
3) It was a markers week in my studio, first of all I drew 2 illustrations for 52 weeks illustration challenge.
Theme for week 22 was “Favorite things” and of course how could I pick just one 😀
This week’s theme is “Texture” and I (with Oregon trip long time ago in mind) drew tree bark and soft moss
I finished another sketch marathon on instagram, drawing travel illustrations, I ended up with three “Travel moments” from Japan (which I have yet to visit) and one postcard from Russia
4) Two new #greenrainartfromlife drawings:
My girl’s shoes
and an eggplant!
5) I am sorry to say my #greenrainartembroidery took a hit this first week and a half, I am not stopping, but there are delays, I only managed to make two new motifs
6) same unfortunate situation with #100daysofgreenrainart, only 2 new collages (although I think I will give it a pass, because I did explore color green with other media)
7) I managed to keep up with my illustrated journal, sometimes finishing a drawing the next day, but I did it (See all on instagram under #greenrainartij )
So here was my crazy first 11 days of June. I did quite a lot (that’s why I especially love to keep a blog, so I can see the progress), but not all I wanted. Lettering for one, never happened 😦 Oh well.
Here’s to a lovely week for all!