Long week, with lots of family happenings, yet some work got done after all
Only one painting this week, for instagram marathon. I really loved all the pinks I got to play with this week.
I was busy preparing for tomorrow’s workshop and decided not to disturb my carefully arranged pastel selection, and not to make myself crazy before the workshop.
2) Make Art That Sells (my MATS adventures can be seen on instagram under the tag #greenrainartmats): We got a super fun mini for the final MATS bootcamp assignment- to draw mice with wings and hummingbirds wearing shoes. I made a few sketches, but opted out of coloring them for the time being, we do get our big assignment tomorrow and hopefully I will get to play with it for the entire week.
I also did a quick watercolor sketch of the characters
3) World Watercolor Month has started and I am very happy to participate after 2 months of break from daily watercolors. My skills are pretty rusty, I think, I hope to improve and maintain daily sketches practice from now on. All my works for World Watercolor Month can be found on instagram under #greenrainartwwm17
4) For #greenrainartfromlife I drew playing cards on July 1, I had to skip this week because my wrist was acting up again. But I will definitely catch up as soon as it’s well enough for me to pick up colored pencils again.
5) Once again I did two illustrations for 52 weeks illustration challenge (all drawings for this challenge can be now seen under #greenrainart52w tag on instagram):
San Francisco (which happens to be my most beloved city and my son’s birthplace), my favorite view from the Cliff House
and Takahe bird for “Bush Country” theme
6) #greenrainartembroidery got only one flower this week, I miss it terribly, I must do something to get back on track
7) Daily illustrated journal entries got done (See all on instagram under #greenrainartij )
I am bracing myself to be very busy next week and probably onward. Summer seems to slip away from me.
Hope everyone has a wonderful week!