The final week of September passed, I can’t believe how fast the months change these days. The final week was very difficult for me, again, family commitments, household issues…I just want to rest a bit, but also want to work a lot :DD What to do…what to do…
Anyway, a quick look at the final week of September and October plans overview
- Make Art That Sells (my MATS adventures can be seen on instagram under the tag #greenrainartmats):
I have completed MATS A class assignments! I still have a few things to read, but assignments are all done! Some I am more happy about, some less, you can definitely see growth. I will re-do a couple of assignments later on (I hope)
Anyway, my final assignment was Picture book illustration. I saved this one especially, because I am starting Illustrating Children’s Books tomorrow. We were to draw an illustration for The White Cat fairy tale, I’ve never heard it, and the gist is that a princess enchanted to be a white cat helps a prince attain items based on king’s unreasonable requests.
All my Picture Books illustrations can from now on be seen on an Illustrating Children’s Books page,
Another MATS adventure this week was a preparatory exercises for the class.
We were to create work based on a photo of a little girl being hugged by a big bear in an amusement park. Here’s what I came up with:
2. I am catching up to sketchflashmob (see #greenrainartfromlife for more), drew a pomegranate for last week’s challenge
3. I made an illustration for 52 weeks illustration challenge (all drawings for this challenge can be now seen under #greenrainart52w tag on instagram), the topic was “grandkids” and I remembered how eagerly my kids’ awaited their grandparents in the airport and tried to convey that
4. 100 days challenge goes well, I am practicing and having tons of fun (see all on instagram under #100daysofgreenrainart and folk art specifically under#greenrainartfolksketch hashtags)
5. Folio Focus this week was focusing on illustrating recipes (see all works under #greenrainartff17 hashtag on instagram)
The comfort food that first came to mind was breakfast casserole with pasta, sausage and veggies
6. #greenrainartembroidery Not a lot done this week, but three more flowers grew in my embroidered garden
7. I almost forgot! my instagram account celebrated it’s second birthday! I drew the same flower- the hibiscus, that I did two years ago and again, a year ago. It’s always fun to see the progress:
8. Illustrating journal- alas, my “bigger journal” was pretty much abandoned this month. (See all on instagram under #greenrainartij )I did manage to create a thumbnail journal though, here it is. I want to say I will try better next month, but who knows to be honest
Now, OCTOBER PLANS:
- Continue with Folio Focus, I have 6 more weeks to go
- Start and successfully complete MATS Illustrating Children’s Books
- Continue 100 days challenge, I’m a halfway through my first 20 days, I can do it!
- Continue embroidery at my own pace
- Keep up with sketchflashmob and 52 weeks challenges, at least try to do world watercolor group challenge
- do at leat thumbnails in a journal
- continue with weekly pastel art
- Complete all the collages, assemble calendars and list them at my etsy shop
- draw for fun!
So here we are, how doable my ambitious October list is, we will soon find out 😀
Have a delightful October everyone!
As always, please find me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Etsy