Half of October has passed, another busy and productive week. Let’s take a quick look:
- Pastel ((See all on instagram under #greenrainartpastels ): Two paintings created this week
For instagram marathon (to be published on insta on Tuesday)
and one more – a quick sketch from memory after our outing to listen to an orchestra. I am trying to adapt my pastels to work as illustrations, this was the first attempt.
2. Make Art That Sells (my MATS adventures can be seen on instagram under the tag #greenrainartmats)
We were working on emotions this week. Man, that was hard. I realized that I am more of a “setting” person, most of my favorite drawings are very atmospheric, and include beautiful scenery. Drawing face expressions was a real challenge for that reason
daily warm ups
I also worked on making my character look like an actual baby turtle, making face expressions was also fun (though hard), I learned not to do it in public though, the range of emotions on my face prompted some questions from strangers 😀
3. Worked on drawing leaves for Sketchflashmob (see #greenrainartfromlife for more)
4. Worked on some patterns for kids for this week’s Folio Focus assignment (see all works under #greenrainartff17 hashtag on instagram), I am extremely pleased with how these turned out. Waiting for proofs from Spoonflower and these will be available on fabric, look at these cars, I can see it on gauze for baby swaddles, they would work out so great.
Speaking of Spoonflower, I made two more “veggie themed” patterns and entered one in the weekly contest, it was a big step, my shyness about my art disappears little by little
5. For 52 weeks illustration challenge (all drawings for this challenge can be now seen under #greenrainart52w tag on instagram) I drew a bookshop.
Last week’s illustration was featured on 52 weeks of illustration blog, that’s second week in a row, I am so happy!
6. I am continuing with my 100 days challenge (see all on instagram under #100daysofgreenrainart and folk art specifically under#greenrainartfolksketch hashtags). I just finished working on animals from “Imagine a Forest” book. Next section is all about fairy tale people and creatures, but I think I will set it aside for a while and focus on making plants and animals I learned to draw a little bit more “mine”. I tried not to emulate the author’s style, but it couldn’t be helped in some instances.
With these my first 20 days of 100 day challenge have finished, so did my first cahier-style sketchbook. Here’s a quick flip through
Next I drew a bear
and a fox! I enjoy drawing foxes, see all on instagram under #greenrainartfoxes hashtag
and last but not least- a lion!
7. Inktober challenge goes well, I finished “sepia ink” week and started drawing with blue, also traded a brush for dip pen, (see all work on instargram under #greenrainartinktober hashtag)
So this is it for this week. I am very proud of myself for completing all my drawing tasks and even some extra. I am also very tired. Illustration class assignments intensify and I am trying to work out more doable “to do list” for the next week. I am a bit behind on reading class materials, but as they relate more to pitching the finished product, I will save those for later and go through them once I am done with the class. Viewed some skillshare classes, had a wonderful webinar with classmates…Looking into joining new art community next week…a lot of plans, a lot of info to process.
Have a wonderful 3rd week of October, everyone!
As always, please find me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Etsy