Another week is over, lots of artwork got made, I am rather happy with most of it. Let’s take a quick look:
First of all, my Farm fresh design with pumpkins (under “greenrainart”) will be up for the voting on Spoonflower challenge for another two days, please swing by and vote if you are so inclined ❤
1. Pastel ((See all on instagram under #greenrainartpastels ): Three paintings got done this week
For instagram challenge (will be uploaded there on Tuesday)
two more paintings were done in relation to my MATS Illustrating Children’s Books class, we are to work on the background next week, but since my pastels are done on Sunday, and next Sunday will be particularly busy, I decided to have a bit of a head start and experiment with it.
2. Make Art That Sells (my MATS adventures can be seen on instagram under the tag #greenrainartmats)
This week was all about poses, I worked very hard on making my little turtle character move and trying to engage secondary characters as well. My final submission looked like this
3. Drew grapes for Sketchflashmob (see #greenrainartfromlife for more)
I actually did a couple of more “from life” drawings, unrelated to the challenge.
This one was done more “From memory”, I saw a bus under an autumn tree on the road and couldn’t wait to get to my destination to sit down and sketch it
another one was done as I and my daughter had a lunch by the pond, the light was beautiful and water sparkled in the sun
4. We are in week 7 of Folio Focus (see all works under #greenrainartff17 hashtag on instagram) and the assignment was to create some abstract artwork to place on cosmetics packaging. Abstracts are incredibly hard for me, because I don’t ever do them, doing them digitally was also hard because it lacks a certain sensory moment when one can just let the hands work and see what happens. But I was able to loosen up a bit in the end and came up with three works more or less connected to each other:
5. 52 weeks illustration challenge was “Door” this week, I made a simple sketch with Copic markers (all drawings for this challenge can be now seen under #greenrainart52w tag on instagram)
6. Continuing working on 100 days challenge, this week was rather busy so I had to skip a couple of days, but I am so so very happy with the direction my drawings are taking, I think I began to move a bit away from the book on the subject I followed for a while.Excited about the progress that is to come (see all on instagram under #100daysofgreenrainart and folk art specifically under#greenrainartfolksketch hashtags)
7. Last but not least my Inktober, this week merely doodles, and I moved on from blue ink to the red one (see all work on instargram under #greenrainartinktober hashtag)
So this was my week. I am getting better at organizing my weekly goals with the help of a bullet journal page. I still have a hard time keeping up with all my classes in terms of reading all the info, but lots of it is to be used mostly later anyway. Next week should be interesting, I am supposed to be working on backgrounds- and my taste in children’s books is in fact mostly background driven, so I am quite excited about that. I got tons of beautiful and helpful books on drawing character and illustration and looking forward to learning from them as well.
I will be a bit late with next week’s post as I want to wrap up the month at the same time, I will also be away on a short trip until a couple of days into November, but stay tuned for the next week’s round up.
Hope the final week of October is lovely for everyone!
As always, please find me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Etsy