Moderately busy week for me with some craziness of family commitments to look forward to for the rest of the year. I realized I was doing art courses non stop since early March, wrapping up Folio Focus this week leaves me with some time to draw freely and see where it takes me. I was slowly winding down this week, trying to find what feels comfortable, yet stimulates me and helps me grow at the same time.
Let’s take a quick look at the art that got done:
1. Pastel ((See all on instagram under #greenrainartpastels ):
Three paintings got done this week
another sketch for the challenge, to be posted on instagram on Tuesday
and a memory from our recent trip
2. Mandarin Oranges for Sketchflashmob (see #greenrainartfromlife for more), only two weeks left in this challenge this year, I will definitely miss it!
3. Final week assignment for Folio Focus (see all works under #greenrainartff17 hashtag on instagram), we were working on Christmas designs, with The Nutcracker in mind
made one more pattern to put on Sponflower and other print on demand sites
I am very very excited to have finally ordered some of my designs proofs from Spoonflower and hopefully will soon be able to offer them for purchase.
4. 52 weeks illustration challenge was a catch up (all drawings for this challenge can be now seen under #greenrainart52w tag on instagram)
I did three marker sketches for two weeks I missed and a new one
and for this week we were supposed to make a homage to a favorite artist. I chose Monet, I still have vivid memory of his exhibit I visited 11 years ago and never miss a chance to see his work
5. 100 days challenge got somewhat interrupted, but I did a watercolor doodles of some tropical foliage and a holiday robin for a future card
Thank you for looking at my artwork and have a lovely week everyone!