Overall rather productive week. I was able to relax in some things, and get a lot of work done in another.
Let’s take a look
1)Pastel (See all on instagram under #greenrainartpastels ): Two paintings a week is my standard and so it was this week too. Both were quite a challenge. As usual I made one for art challenge on instagram, this week’s reference was a basket of strawberries and I was quite intimidated by it, but towards the middle of painting I forgot I was nervous and started to have fun. And strawberries turned out just as I wanted them to be:
My second painting is my usual Pastel weekend. I chose a photo of my family playing on the beach a couple of years ago. It is one of my most favorite photo of them and it’s such a poor quality, I just had to make a painting. The main challenge of this one was people. I don’t usually draw people of any kind, so I was concentrating very hard. Faces didn’t work, everything I tried looked ridiculous, so I opted for “etude” style painting in the end. I adore drawing ocean. I think out of all subjects this one relaxes my mind the most.
2) Make Art That Sells (my MATS adventures can be seen on instagram under the tag #greenrainartmats): This week I concentrated on a special assignment for LIVE review by Lilla Rogers herself. I made a mixed media wall art. This assignment was completely new to me, because even though I love collages lately, I don’t normally work on this scale. But it was rather fun. I still have one more week to go and may or may not come up with something better, we shall see. I have a few lessons from the wall art block I need to finish, hopefully next week.
I also attempted to draw more roses and create a repeat pattern without using a computer. (tutorial) It was rather fun,I drew the design in watercolor and pen. I just have to remember for the next time not to color the design in before I cut and assemble it, it’s a pain to clean up later.
3) I drew a great deal with markers. 52 weeks illustration challenge has “Red” as a theme, so of course toadstools had to be drawn.
Spring/summer is a good time for various sketch marathons on instagram, so I joined one and drew three pre-summer sketches
4) I continued working on my embroidered garden ( See all on instagram under#greenrainartembroidery ). I admit I skipped a couple of days for various reasons so my lilac bush is still in progress…
5) Things progress with my 100 days challenge (See all on instagram under #100daysofgreenrainart.) This week I focused on the orange color. I missed a couple of days too, oh well.
6) Illustrated journal continues as usual (See all on instagram under #greenrainartij)
Hard to believe, but May is almost over! Wow! Life for my family is about to get busy in June, will talk about art plans a bit later next week.
A lovely week to all!