This week was for catching up to many things I have missed during my illness. I am happy to say I am almost 100% well.
I am caught up to the most of my usual tasks and ready for the next week.
Let’s take a look
1)Pastel (See all on instagram under #greenrainartpastels ):
I made two paintings – both with spring in mind
2) Make Art That Sells (my MATS adventures can be seen on instagram under the tag #greenrainartmats):
I have completed my May assignment which was to create a journal cover with a Gertrude Jekyll quote on it. I am very happy with the design, which I painted with gouache and watercolors. I decided to skip the quote in the future. I have put up this design at Society6 and RedBubble and it is now available on prints and a variety of other products.
3) I caught up with all the themes for Sketchflashmob, I don’t see new themes and I wonder if they will be announced. If not, I’ll just pick one myself. (see all drawings I am doing for this flashmob on instagram under#greenrainartfromlife). This week’s theme was “Baked Goods”, so I went for ever difficult madeleine cookies.
4) For 52 weeks illustration challenge I did my best catching up to last week’s theme (which was “Music”) and completed this week’s (which was “Saturday”). I am very fond of mice for some reason. I drew both illustrations with markers.
5) I did three watercolor exercises- all three for MATS. I was tempted by rave reviews and bought some QoR watercolors, and wow are they vivid. I had tons of fun experimenting with them. Drew some icons which I will hopefully turn into some patterns later.
6) I continued working on my embroidered garden ( See all on instagram under#greenrainartembroidery ). Showing just one picture this time, because this is all I worked on this week- a lilac bush.
7) Things are progressing nicely with my 100 days challenge (See all on instagram under #100daysofgreenrainart.) I focused on creating collages with color red this week and created a page of red things I would wear, eat and keep in the house. The prompt came from Louise Gale’s Create your Color Story project
8) Illustrated journal continues nicely as well (See all on instagram under #greenrainartij)
So that was my week. Next one should be fun, I have lots of plans and now that part of my children’s school and activities stopped for the summer, more time to realize my plans.
Here’s to a wonderful week!