Wow, what an intense, full week it was. It’s been a while since I was so immersed in studying and drawing. Brief recap of this week’s art endeavors:
Just one painting this week, like I planned. I am very happy on Sundays because it’s my “soft pastel day”. I realized some time ago that I must make time for pastels, not just because it takes a while to set up and tear down, but also because I really do my best when unhurried.This week I attempted to draw a still life from a composition I threw together on a whim. I enjoyed working with all the greens and orange hues.
2. Make Art That Sells (my MATS adventures can be seen on instagram under the tag #greenrainartmats): MATS Home Decor class has had its first week. Wow, what a ride it was. We learned about home decor items made from metal and techniques most often used.
I had tremendous fun putting together a lookbook of metal home dec pieces. I had fun looking at objects inside my house.
Our assignment asked us to work with birds and then create a collection of metal objects with our preferred color scheme/trendboard in mind. That was such a challenge, I started with drawing some realistic and fantasy birds with watercolor and markers.
I then tried to make a set of tins with them, and it didn’t feel right, or rather I wasn’t sure of I will be able to create a cohesive collection in all 5 substrates, so I switched to my beloved folk style.
I sketched main shapes in marker and filled them in digitally. I The result is romantic and sweet collection. I chose not to create a “finishing notes” page this time around, as I was anxious to just finish the assignment. Maybe next time. By the way, I added a special page to the blog where I will put all of my home dec creations.
I also finally received a cosmetic case I drew for Mats A “Gift Industry assignment”. It is available via society6 . I ordered a small one this time, but as soon as I can I will get the medium too.The photo doesn’t do it justice, I have been quite happy with society6 print quality so far.
3. I continue my adventure in watercolor with doodlewash challenge.
4. For #greenrainartfromlife I was catching up to last week and drew a…plastic food container. The theme was “plastic” and I felt like I just want to do something simple for once
5. I made another collage for my upcoming calendar. Find all of my collages on instagram under #greenrainartcollage
6. Illustrated Journal continues (See all on instagram under #greenrainartij )
I also did a review of Foundations in Drawing book on my other blog. Check it out please if you’re interested.
Have a lovely mid-August, everybody!