Whew, what a crazy week! And yet I got some art done too 🙂 Life picks up the speed and it will only get busier from now on.
A quick recap:
Only one painting today, my absolute minimum, truth be told, I am rather tired of summer and craving cooler days, so in somewhat autumn-y mood- the toadstools:
2. Make Art That Sells (my MATS adventures can be seen on instagram under the tag #greenrainartmats):
We are in week 2 of the Home Decor class and this time we learned about fabric. I love fabric, I love embroidery, this assignment was tons of fun.
It was interesting to look around the house for some examples, here are a few- homemade- my embroidery, blanket my mom made, pillows and potholders are made by my late great-aunt
We were focusing on floral motifs which is another popular theme in home dec market, apparently.My warm up:
I had tons of fun and completed my assignment earlier than expected, I am trying to stick to folk art style to keep my collection coheseve
A lovely classmate shared a technique of creating patterns in Procreate app, so expect a lot of patterns from me in the future, the Spoonflower shop is coming soon too hopefully. This is the pattern from the armchair above, with different backgrounds
Don’t forget to check out a special page on this blog dedicated to my Home Dec endeavors.
More things with my MATS A assignment arrived from Society6 this week:
I got my pretty ladies in a larger size pouch, a 16″x16″ tote bag and a mug. Rather happy with all. It is available on Society6 (and promotion of 20%off+free shipping through tomorrow)
3. Watercolor adventures this week fell somewhat flat due to the lack of time, only one drawing, and a hasty one
4. For #greenrainartfromlife I managed to catch up to the last week’s “summer flowers” theme
and draw this week’s “brushes”
5. “Secret” was the theme of 52 weeks illustration challenge (all drawings for this challenge can be now seen under #greenrainart52w tag on instagram), drawn digitally :
6. Illustrated Journal continues mostly with quick doodles (See all on instagram under #greenrainartij )
Next week looking forward to more Home Dec adventures, more drawing and more progress towards my goals. But also kids start school (at home, as some of you know) and all their activities will be in full swing. We’ll see how I deal with that 😀
Have a gorgeous week, everyone!
As always, please find me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Etsy