Wow, what a week! One class finished, another began. Some art got made.
Let’s take a look:
1. I want to start with Make Art That Sells (my MATS adventures can be seen on instagram under the tag #greenrainartmats) because Creating Collections for Home Decor class has come to an end. We still have one more review to see, but all pieces are complete and uploaded. It was my first live MATS class and I enjoyed it tremendously. I learned a lot about design and production of home decor pieces. I was honored to be a part of a community that brought together so many talented people. I can definitely see the progress. Lilla and Margo were fantastic with providing materials and feedback, encouragement and gentle critique. I am very glad I spent the past 5 weeks drawing home dec pieces and can’t wait to explore the subject more and more.
We worked on wooden objects for the final week
There was exploration of marks for the mini exercise
And finally the objects with designs!
and a Final presentation of all 5 substrates
What’s next: I have two more options for color choices (we were given three trendboards to choose from) and I am planning to work on them after a little breather. So don’t forget to check Home Dec page on this blog for new uploads. I have still one more unit left (kids’ illustration in MATS A self-paced class) and a Live Children’s Illustration Class is coming up next month, very very excited for this.
2. I have started Folio Focus 2017 class through Rise Design and Shine. Another new for me. I am so in love with patterns recently, can’t wait to explore it more.
This is a 10 week class, quite intensive too, lots to learn and practice. First week was all about florals:
I have also added a page for all my works so please check it out! They are also grouped under #greenrainartff17 hashtag on instagram along with all the drafts and exercises I am doing for this class.
The creative process was especially interesting this week as we were asked to explore our favorite patterns for layouts,
as well as floral compositions.
I would love to take a floral arrangement class sometime in the future, which is funny because I actually prefer potted plants, but some creations are just too beautiful, I would love to know how to learn that.
3. Pastel ((See all on instagram under #greenrainartpastels ):
Two paintings this week. I am skipping @artofpastels reference, so I just did a still life with mountain ash berries (reference via pinterest) for a warm up
and ocean, because I especially miss it today. Now particular reference, just memory
4. I made a Copic Markers drawing to stretch my fingers a little bit after mostly digital work all week (on ipad with Apple Pencil, but still)
5. Illustrated journal is a bit different this week. (See all on instagram under #greenrainartij ). I was way too busy and tired to make a proper pocket sized sketchbook drawings, so I opted for thumbnail doodles this time.
So this is it for the crazy week!
Next week I will need to catch up to my drawings from life and 52 weeks illustration. Very excited about second week of Folio Focus.
Have a wonderful week, everyone!
As always, please find me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Etsy
One thought on “September 4- September 10, 2017”
Glad to see that you are still drawing even though your back is so bad. I especially loved the chicken and the ocean 💞
LikeLiked by 1 person